ValueBetting Quick Start
Placing your first value bet
- Enter your current bankroll at the top.
- Pick a value bet in the list and press the Bet button:
- Our AutoSurf technology automatically logs you in to your bookmaker account, finds the correct match and highlights the odds. Enter your credentials under Options / Bookmaker Setup.
- You double check the bet, enter your stakes and confirm the bet.
- Log your bet.
This short video explains the basic betting process:
To get more familiar with the software, please refer to the RebelBetting manual.
If you need more support, get the e-book or get answers to frequently asked questions, go to our support page.
Hints and tips
- ValueBetting has a built in staking strategy we recommend you use. This will ensure optimal profits, but you can also use it to lower risk. Read more about the kelly criterion for stake sizing.
- Make sure your current bankroll is updated at least every day. This ensures the kelly stake sizing is correctly calculated. This is especially important in a downswing.
- Don’t bet on the highest odds just because they give the highest value. Higher odds are more unlikely to result in a win and this will increase the variance.
- A very high value % has a larger risk of being a palpable error. If you’re unsure, check if other bookmaker’s odds are similar. Palpable errors are not as dangerous as when arbitrage trading since you will just get your money returned. But it might still look suspicious to the bookmaker.
- To reduce variance, set a maximum odds to bet on. For instance up to 3.0 – 3.5. Have an even lower max-odds to further reduce variance. For instance, don’t bet on value bets with odds higher than around 2.5. This is of course all depending on how much variance you are willing to take.
- Set a maximum stake realative to your bankroll.
- If you experience Autosurf issues please follow the advice here.
- Check out the Value betting guide and read more about how value betting works.
How much money can I make?
Our group of beta testers achieved 14% profit per month during the summer of 2018.
Play around with the calculator and see for yourself how much you can profit.